Lambeth Bee Roads is working to enhance the borough for people and wildlife. Flowering meadow creation is planned for this spring along Coburg Crescent – endorsed by PRERA.
The scheme has many benefits including:
- The flower meadows will look attractive and provide a link for butterflies, bees and other wildlife to other nature sites.
- There is no cost to estate residents – the planting is fully funded by Lambeth Bee Roads
- Meadow grassland is superb at helping to trap and absorb pollution from the air. It acts as a ‘barrier’ before pollution can reach people’s homes.
- There will be opportunities for volunteers and school groups to help with planting.
- In autumn each year, the meadows will be cut and taken away so it doesn’t look untidy over the winter months.
- All other grass areas along Coburg Crescent will kept short to allow for play and picnics.
These maps show the plans for the flowering meadow – where the meadow will be located, and the plans for planting.